February 24, 2012
Dance, Drumming, east india company, endless vineyards, Festivals, Festivals in and around Mumbai, Festivals in India, Festivals in Maharashtra, Festivals in Nashik, Fun, Grape Stomping, Music, music and wine, Music Festivals, Nashik, nashik india, Sula Vineyards, Sulafest, Sulafest 2012, Wine Festivals
Endless vineyards, unlimited smiles, boundless fun, breath taking performances, the aroma of wine, the laughter and giggles, the environment filled with happiness, the energy and enthusiasm, the music and dance, the drum beats, the ecstasy and spirit, the grape stomping, the festive spirit, the celebrations, the beer flowing, the conversations, a different high..Sulafest 2012, Nashik (India)..!!
Steam Powered Cocktail Shaker
Trying our feet on to make some wine..:P
Sulafest is more than just a music and wine festival held annually in the month of February at Sula Vineyards, one of the premier Vineyards in India. The energy, the festival has is good enough to move even the ‘The Great Wall of China’. It gives you a different kick altogether and the entire feeling about being a part of this festival is absolutely different.
In a festive spirit..!!!
With Reggae Rajahs, Papon and the East India Company and Dualist Inquiry setting the stage on fire, Taal Inc teaching us some drum beats and belly dancers wooing the crowd..Sulafest was the place to be..!! You definitely don’t walk out alone and you certainly take a lot more from the festival. For those who missed it this year, make sure you don’t miss it again..!!
The stage is set..!!!
December 3, 2011
Body massage, China, Culture, Green Tea, Guangdong, Guangzhou, Guangzhou metro, Guangzhou Tower, Karaoke, Metro, Party world, Pearl River, Pearl river cruise, Pineapple sandwich cakes, Rice cake, Street food, Tainhe district, Things to do, Travel, Watch market, Zhanxi
Guangzhou is one of the most developed cities and the capital of the Guangdong province in China. Located by the Pearl River this city is a commercial hub and you will see a lot of immigrants from all over the world make a living there. Inspite of being one of the largest cities, this city has its own charm and an essence of China and its culture.
Here is a list of things you must must do in Guangzhou, China
- Enjoy an evening at the Pearl River Cruise: Take a tour of the Pearl River in a cruise with some dazzling light show. It’s definitely worth a visit.
By the Pearl River
- Go for a Karaoke party with your Chinese friends: It will be an experience you will treasure for your lifetime. Try out Party World; it is one of the popular and best clubs in China.
- Shop till you drop: Try picking up some cheap fundo gizmos from the Computer street, Tianhe district and first copy of your favorite watch brands from the Zhanxi wholesale watch market.
- Travel by the Metro: The Metro is really economical, comfortable and quick. It is well designed and has enough directions to guide even a blind man to reach his destination.
Guangzhou at night
- Unwind yourself with Green Tea: Green Tea is most commonly served in China; no sooner do you empty your cup it is filled to the brim again. Soothing and healthy!!
- Satisfy your taste buds with some good street food: The street food at Guangzhou is simply amazing and good to eat. You will surely miss it once you back to your Home country.
- Try some pineapple sandwich cookies and rice cake: Rice cake is a traditional dish of the people in China. Also, don’t miss a chance to grab cookies and candies available at the departmental stores. They are to die for!!
Traditional Chinese performance
- Pamper yourself with a relaxing body massage: After a good day at Guangzhou, pamper yourself with a body massage done at any of the innumerable massage centers in the city. You sure are to fall asleep while relishing some juicy watermelons and sipping the green tea.
November 5, 2011
Animal Parks, Crocodile Reserves, Crocodiles, Island Holidays, La Vanille, Mauritius, Park, Parks in Mauritius, Reserve des Mascareignes, Things to do in Mauritius, Things to see in Mauritius, Tortoise Reserves, Tortoises, Travel in Mauritius
La Vanille, Mauritius is definitely one of the most pictorial nature reserves I have come across, extending to over 3.5 hectares of lush greenery. You actually imagine yourself walking in a tropical rain forest and will discover numerous animal species from the Mascarene Islands.
You will surprise yourself by seeing more than 1500 crocodiles. Yes!! There are more than 1500 Nile crocodiles and more than 500 tortoises. You can see crocodiles and tortoises right when they are tiny miny, good to hold, good to touch beings through the fully grown crocodiles which weigh more than 500 kgs and are very much capable of eating you and me. The tortoises too, are big enough to make us comfortably sit on their protective shells and take us for a ride in the park. You can feed the tortoises grass and watch them relish it.
Apart from that, you can encounter thousands of species of beautifully colored and patterned butterflies, beetles, moths and other insects. As you explore the reserve, you will come across monkeys, wild boar, deer, frogs, turtles, iguanas and colorful geckos and chameleons. Apart from this, there is a shop where you can gift yourself with articles made from farmed crocodile skin, a playground where you can keep the troublemakers busy and a restaurant to satisfy your taste buds with some delicious crocodile meat. Also, don’t miss an opportunity to pose for a picture with a baby crocodile in your hand!!!
Visiting the La Vanille not only perks up your understanding of the various species but, also is a peaceful and close encounter with nature and its beauty.
The rates for adults and child (3-12 years) during the week are Mauritian Rupee 200 and 90, respectively and Mauritian rupee 300 and 165, during the weekend. For more details, you can visit their website: www.lavanille-reserve.com and e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.